Preparing Your Home for a Shoot
Spending some time preparing your home for a real estate shoot will ensure your home is shown in the best possible light. It's not wasted effort either, as many of these tips are applicable to staging your home for sale anyway.
FRONT AND BACK EXTERIOR
• Remove cars from driveway and front of house
• Close all windows
• Sweep walkways
• Mow lawn & tidy up yard
• Hide trash & recycling containers
• Arrange deck furniture, clean cushions, open table umbrellas
• Remove personal items and family photos
• Declutter as much as possible
• Open all shades and blinds
• Replace burned out bulbs
• Tidy up or put away children's toys. Closets, basements, attics, garages, and even cars work well for temporarily storing items.
• Make all beds
• Straighten pillows
• Put away clothing and shoes
• Turn off ceiling fans
DINING ROOM & KITCHEN
• Add a vase of flowers, a bottle of wine and glasses, and even set the table for dinner, if possible.
• Remove all magnets and decorations from the refrigerator
• Store small appliances. Counters look bigger when there are fewer items on them.
• Remove dish towels and soaps
• Consider a bowl of fruit for the counter
• Remove all toiletries from countertops & all soaps and shampoos from the shower and tub.
• Put toilet seats down
• Hang fresh towels
• Clean mirrors